*****In October 2016, we launched the NEW MILK Design Studio, MILK Archival Range, and New MILK Website.The following article pertains to the Original MILK Editor Tool and Website. For information on the NEW MILK Design Studio, please follow this link >>https://milkbooks.desk.com/?b_id=15017
Video pages that play in your Online Photo Book is a unique feature of MILK Books and Moleskine Photo Books*.
**This feature is not available in the new MILK Books Design Studio as we anticipate Adobe Flash Player will be replaced by new technology within the next few years.**
You can import video files from your computer or hard drive by clicking MY CONTENT. You don't need to wait for your video to finish uploading to keep working on your book; you can continue working while importing to your video library.
1. Ensure you have selected the video layout option:
2. Upload your selected video:
3. Select a replacement image:
This image will then appear in your video tool box:
· You can upload MPEG (.mpeg, .mp4), Flash Video (.flv, .fv4), h.264 (.mkv) and Windows (.avi, .mov) files.
· We recommend the maximum file size is no more than 200mb per individual video file, which is the equivalent of approximately one minute at full HD resolution from an iPhone 4S. One minute of video recorded to your hard drive from your webcam will be approximately 20mb. If you're concerned about the size of your video file, we suggest you down-convert before your import.
· There are up to five video pages in the suggested book layouts for MILK Bespoke Books and Moleskine Monographs, but you can swap or add as many video pages as you like. All Photo Books have the option to include video pages. Simply use the Change Layout option and select a video page option.
You will be prompted to add a replacement image for the printed version of your book. If you don't add a replacement image, the page will print as a blank. You'll be able to see this in PREVIEW before you print.
HINT: Turn on Editor's Tips for advice on how to use layouts when you're working on your book.